AMEK BC2 spare parts

Graham Langley founded Amek in 1973 with Nick Franks. Since then, AMEK and TAC recording consoles have been the choice of demanding audio professionals for over 25 years.

Moderator: Matt Syson

AMEK BC2 spare parts

Postby Ninobrown » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:33 am

Hi I need a few spare parts for my AMek BC2 that are unfortunately not available from audio maintenance ltd

I need a gain pot for the bc1115 strip, the part is an HK32 "jeanrenaud" type MIL, if your aware of another part that could replace it I'm also interested...The one I have works but the knob shank is broken, if you know a way to repair this I'm also interested (would be like puting a new shank in the hk32, I dont know if it possible)...I also need a knob for it, a light grey one with the red top would be best but whatever color would be alright.

I also need a BICC-VERO 905 72306H connector (the one on the channel strip that is plugged on the moter board)... Or if you know a spare part name that could replace it I'm also intersted.

I also need 3 fuse holders for an AMEK TAC 350 series Power unit (the black ones that can be seen on the front of the alim)...I have no idea of the name of this part so I kind of confused where to start seaching.

Any help would be greatly apreciated.
Ninobrown
Analog Enthusiast

Re: AMEK BC2 spare parts

Postby Ninobrown » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:23 am

BTW if someone is selling BC1115 modules Let me know I'm interested!
Ninobrown
Analog Enthusiast

Postby Matt Syson » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:09 pm

Hi
I am a bit surprised Colin doesn't have a gain switch. Did you actually speak to him? If it is really true then there may be other possibilities to fit a new shaft ot if desperate wire in a different make of switch which would be messy,
DIN41512 connectors are available from Farnell in UK and Europe, They don't have to be the BICC-Vero part as there are several manufacturers.
The fuseholders probably again from Farnell but it may take a bit of looking to spot which type although there may be a couple of different that would actually fit.
Matt S
Matt Syson
Engineer

Postby Ninobrown » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:26 pm

Thank you so much for these informations! at least I'll be able to change my faulty connector...I'lll try to find the fuse holders... yes it's Collin that told (better said wrote) me the gain switch is no longer manufactured...and they dont sell the knobs either...I'm about to buy a whole mono module from a guy in italy so I'll be able to use the spare parts from my damaged one...

Still I'd be intersted in knowing if there's a part that can replace the hk32 MIL, it can be seen here: http://www.o2xygen.com/parts/HK32MIL.htm (they dont want to sell it to me, they said pro only and 500 usd minimal order, they finally told me they dont really have it in stock but I dont know if it's true, it felt more like the girl on the fone wanted to get rid of me, I can understand to, I'm like super motivated, lol)

I also found this pdf http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2199844/59%20mi ... 20jne..pdf (it's in Finnish, not like the end, like the country)...with some technical information

I tried to email farnell to see if they can help me from those informations...

BTW if someone have modules with the traces for the optional transformers I'd be interested in watching a pic because I would like to know if my modules are upgradables with tranformers or not.

Also are you sure it's DIN41512? because I could find only DIN41612... are this ok? from the pic it looks pretty similar. Edit: I checked and the 41612 are not similar...well I dunno in fact I've just seen there's like hundreds of different 41612 connectors, I'm a bit lost, lol, I guess I'll have to call Farnell tech team.
Ninobrown
Analog Enthusiast

Postby Matt Syson » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:59 am

Hi
Sorry, my keyboard spells incorrectly when I don't have my glasses on and it is a 41612 connector.
It is a DIN 41612 PCB mount Right angle plug 64 pins with rows A and C populated.
Look at rapidonline.co.uk part numbers 19-0130 or 19-2560 and I think they are the ones.
They are also graded into classes for 'long life', you don't need the very expensive ones as you will not be plugging them in and out every few days so rated 50 insertions is better value than 500 insertions.
Farnell has several types but I don't want to spend all morning trying to find them!
Which country are you in?
RS used to sell switches similar to the ones you want and if they have them you could transfer the mechanism from a new one to your broken one. They didn't have the exact switch poles you have but the mechanism MAY be similar.
Fuseholders, search on Farnell site or RS, I expect they will be there.
Good hunting
Matt
Matt Syson
Engineer

Postby Ninobrown » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:16 pm

Thank you very much Matt, it's very kind to share you knowledge like that! You're really helping me tremendously. I'm in france at 40 km from Paris.
Ninobrown
Analog Enthusiast

Postby Ninobrown » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:18 pm

Damn I was digging at the AML website and realized they have the damn HK32 for sale... I dont get why Colin told me it's not available...maybe something got mixed in the comunication...

Whatever, I just received a BC 1116/4 totally recapped with the langley upgrade and lundhall traces (no actual transformer) from my italian seller and I'm pretty happy but I have a question:

That module have 4 auxes (two double pots) when all my other modules only have two (simple pots) and I was wondering: If I put the simple aux pots from my damaged channel in place of the double pots in the 1116/4 what would happend? would that mess with the electronics or properly downgrade the 4 aux module to two auxes?
Ninobrown
Analog Enthusiast

Postby Matt Syson » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:35 am

Hi
It is not a 'downgrade' of the electronics. The desks were built with different numbers of Auxes depending what the client wanted so the modules had the pots fitted that was most appropriate. Feel free to add or subtract pots as you wish.
Matt S
Matt Syson
Engineer

Postby Ninobrown » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:42 am

Ok, I get it, that's great, thank you so much matt!
Ninobrown
Analog Enthusiast

Postby heavyweight » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:30 am

Hi there!

I have modules from BC2 for sale. I have also casing - it's a big one, I think this are two "normal" casings splitted. And here's full list of modules I have:
BC1115 - [Mono Input Module - Mic/Line Input, 2 Aux Sends, 3 Band EQ] - x4
BC1115/4 - [Mono Input Module - Mic/Line Input, 4 Aux Sends, 3 Band EQ] - x2
BC1118 - [Stereo Input Module - Stereo Line Input, 2 Aux Sends, 3 Band EQ] - x8
BC1118/4 - [Stereo Input Module - Stereo Line Input, 4 Aux Sends, 3 Band EQ] - x7
BC1125 - [Mono Subgroup Module - Mono Group, 2 Aux Sends, 1 Aux Return] - x4
BC1146 - [Aux Master Module - 4 Aux Masters, PFL Level, Oscillator, Talkback] - x2
BC1156 - [Single Monitor Module - 1 x Stereo Monitor, 16 Source Selection, Headphones] - x1

I sell them "AS IS" as I cannot check them because I don't have power supply. Visually it looks great. I've already put four modules on eBay. You can check it there: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Amek-BC2-B...UAAOSwyltZS9~P

If you're interested just give me a shout! Here or directly on my mail: info@heavyweight.pro

Cheers
Pawel
heavyweight
Analog Owner

Return to AMEK & TAC Recording Consoles