TAC Scorpion II VU meter bar

Graham Langley founded Amek in 1973 with Nick Franks. Since then, AMEK and TAC recording consoles have been the choice of demanding audio professionals for over 25 years.

Moderator: Matt Syson

TAC Scorpion II VU meter bar

Postby PhantomBox » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:28 pm

Hello everyone:
Does anyone know how to take off and apart the VU meter bar of a TAC Scorpion II mixing console? There are no visible dedicated screws for this purpose on the main frame.

Phantombox
PhantomBox
Analog Enthusiast

Re: TAC Scorpion II VU meter bar

Postby PhantomBox » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:16 pm

I just found out how to remove the VU bar: lift the acrylic plate upwards until the bottom clears the lower metal lid. Then you can pull out first the acrylic and then the metal plate with all its circuitry.

Phantombox
PhantomBox
Analog Enthusiast

Postby C.D. » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:59 pm

Hi Folks!
One of the stereo bus bar graphs of my Scorpion (1) is now stuck on. I want to swap it with one of the working bus meters. My tech expertise ends at soldering cables, but I have a capable friend who can help here. I want to figure something out before I have him come over, so I have a question.

I have attached a picture showing the face of the meter bridge held in place with some kind of yellow glue, putty, or old foam that has hardened (both ends have it). Does this seem like just a little squirt of something to dig out at each end, or was this applied across the entire bridge when it was assembled?

Thanks so much!!!
C.D.

Scorpion meter bridge opened side.JPG
picture of opened side of meter bridge
C.D.
Analog Enthusiast

Postby C.D. » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:15 pm

The jpeg I attached above doesn't seem be showing up, so here is a link to the picture of the Scorpion meter bridge with the side open.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B60ra ... XRNb3ZpWVk

THANKS!
C.D.
C.D.
Analog Enthusiast

Postby jensenmann » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:50 pm

My Scorpion didn´t have that stuff, so I bet that it´s just a short piece. Try to remove it with a sharpened screwdriver. If necessary put something else inside after the repair.
Jens
jensenmann
Yacht Rocker

Postby C.D. » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:45 pm

Thanks!
C.D.
Analog Enthusiast

Return to AMEK & TAC Recording Consoles