Big By Langly Bussing

Graham Langley founded Amek in 1973 with Nick Franks. Since then, AMEK and TAC recording consoles have been the choice of demanding audio professionals for over 25 years.

Moderator: Matt Syson

Big By Langly Bussing

Postby Jamie Turnbull » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:35 pm

Hey gang

So after buying it and sadly keeping it in storage for a couple years, I now have my won studio with the big taking pride of place.

Having looked at the manual, I am struggling with a couple of things regarding the busses which feed into my interface

1. There are 24 busses in total but I can only seem to use 12 at one time. The signal from 1 feeds channel 13 on my interface. There doesnt seem to be a button such as a 'shift' to access busses 13-24 like I have seen on some consoles. All the manual says is it will work like that is your tape machine is set up to do it?

2. I want to add EQ and inserts on the way in to protools but cant seem to find a away to have the EQs commit to tape. I can EQ on the outputs fine but what goes to tape is still the dry signal

Anyone got any words of wisdom on this?

Thank you

Jamie
Jamie Turnbull
Analog Owner

Re: Big By Langly Bussing

Postby Matt Syson » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:10 pm

Hi Jamie
The bussing is a bit of a 'cheat and yes 1-12 gets repeated as 13-24. You can only record 12 busses at once. You chose which by record enable on your machine.
I can't remember if the insert position is changeable inside the modules. You really need a manual, available from Audiomaintenance.
Best
Matt S
Matt Syson
Engineer

Return to AMEK & TAC Recording Consoles