Amec Recall wronk fader position in Showtime

Graham Langley founded Amek in 1973 with Nick Franks. Since then, AMEK and TAC recording consoles have been the choice of demanding audio professionals for over 25 years.

Moderator: Matt Syson

Amec Recall wronk fader position in Showtime

Postby Kohektor » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:37 am

I'm writting to ask for help with my amek recall 56 by Langley. The problem is: recently when I open showtime i dont see corect level of faders on the screen. When lecel of faders are about -30 db still is ok but if any fader exept main two is going higher then this on the screen all faders go to minimal position and stop to rect. All other knobs are ok it's just about faders. I checked cpu plate and did't find any burns the battery voltage is 3,4v when measured and have no major leakage. What shell I investigate . Please advice

Best regards Kris
Kohektor
Analog Owner

Re: Amec Recall wronk fader position in Showtime

Postby AnalogStudio7 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:53 am

Did you do a fader calibration in Showtime?

I don't have the details to be able to help you, but you probably have a Showtime operators manual you can refer to.

Best of luck! Let us know the outcome!

Cheers,

Greg
AnalogStudio7
Lake Forest, CA 92630
USA
AnalogStudio7
Yacht Rocker

Re: Amec Recall wronk fader position in Showtime

Postby Kohektor » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:03 am

Hi

I did calibrate and manually changed the file values as well. The problem is solved it was broken electrical path on CPU card -17,6V did not get to J2 connection so in effect only half of operational multiplexer was working. Thank you for all advices.

Regards
Kris
Kohektor
Analog Owner

Return to AMEK & TAC Recording Consoles