TAC Magnum Chn 5 Short

Graham Langley founded Amek in 1973 with Nick Franks. Since then, AMEK and TAC recording consoles have been the choice of demanding audio professionals for over 25 years.

Moderator: Matt Syson

TAC Magnum Chn 5 Short

Postby siegfriedmeier » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:37 pm

Hey guys,

I've got a problem I've been trying to track down for some time. On my channel 5 line input, pin 3 is shorting to pin 1 ground and finding where has nearly driven me mad. I have the EDAC's on the desk wired to my own patchbay, and I can definitely confirm now that it's not the snake or my patchbay. The problem lies somewhere inside the console.

My question I guess, is where does the line input EDAC of the Magnum go? Does it head to the internal patchbay first? And then where?

Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks,
Sig
siegfriedmeier
Krafty Luddite

Re: TAC Magnum Chn 5 Short

Postby siegfriedmeier » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:17 pm

Well, I went where I didn't want to go...pulled out all the patchbays and couldn't find an issue there. Then I had to remove the underside panel (and pull out all my power amps/computers/gear etc. that we hide under there ugh) to access the PCB. After not really noticing any issues there either, I fiddled with what I thought was the line inputs on chn 5 of the underside PCB panel, and it magically went away...? Maybe something was somehow shorting that I couldn't see from transit all those years ago? I dunno...I'm happy that it's fixed, although I hate when I don't know what I did to fix it...

:-/
siegfriedmeier
Krafty Luddite

Return to AMEK & TAC Recording Consoles