MEDIA 51.. SUPERTRUE arggg

Graham Langley founded Amek in 1973 with Nick Franks. Since then, AMEK and TAC recording consoles have been the choice of demanding audio professionals for over 25 years.

Moderator: Matt Syson

MEDIA 51.. SUPERTRUE arggg

Postby burtoni » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:13 pm

Hi all!.

Ive just spent 3 days of my life trying to get the PC working and running supertrue for my Media 51.

I bought the desk earlier in the year (knowing the computer wasn't working) and really exclusively use it for tracking.

I'd really like to get the VD working.

I've painfully gone through getting the PC working with a new C: drive with Dos loaded and all the extended memory mucking about.

I've finally got Supertrue loading just to find that that Media 51 isn't listed in its consoles. 3.6 is the last version I can find anywhere on the web. No one seems to have anything later.

I have no way of telling if the console is configured to work with a later 3.x or v4, and the previous owner hadn't a clue and hadn't used the automation.

I'm wondering if theres a way of running it as a 'BIG' in super true as I know most of the VD and Digitiser cards are all from the BIG. I have got as far as I can now but no luck. tried it but getting no response. Supertrue program seems to boot fine but not communicating with anything.

Anyone got any ideas.. or even better SUPERTRUE disks for v4 or a late 3.X its frustrating that 3.6 is the latest thing on the AMEk website.

I also have a 979 card in the PC.. not sure what this is for or even if i should be connecting to that or LTP1/ Com1.. The manual doesn't mention this card at all.

Any help would be appreciated. THANKS!!!
burtoni
Analog Owner

Re: MEDIA 51.. SUPERTRUE arggg

Postby burtoni » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:15 am

Problem solved. David Rochester has Supertriue V4.. if anyone needs it!!
burtoni
Analog Owner

Return to AMEK & TAC Recording Consoles