Amek Recall strange problem

Graham Langley founded Amek in 1973 with Nick Franks. Since then, AMEK and TAC recording consoles have been the choice of demanding audio professionals for over 25 years.

Moderator: Matt Syson

Amek Recall strange problem

Postby jfkstudio » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:33 am

Hello
I resently bought an Amek Recall and I have som strange problem. To start with I have problem geting the onboard computer to log on. It usually take 6-7 times of turning the power on and off before I get the green red light blinking from the cpu-card. I have measured the power on the rails in the console and I have 5.01V on the Dynamic-cards. Eventualy the computer logs in and the led turns green. I can then turn on the pc and it connects to the cpu card and checks the VD without errors.
But when I pass audio thru a channel and tries to assign for example a compressor the consols jumps into afl-listening mode and solos the channel but no audio comes out. I don't get any reading on the compressor meters on the screen or the console only the indication that the channel has a VD assigned. If I make adjustments to the makeup gain on the compressor and goes back to the homescreen, audio starts to pass thru the console again and I can see that the level has gone up on the channel with the compressor but it does not Compress the sound.

Any one who has a Amek recall running showtime and knows how it should work. I guess it should not go into afl-solo mode when your assigning VD´s to the channels? Or should it?

Thanks in advance for any input on this problem. Im running out of options and idea´s over here.

All the best
Fredrik
jfkstudio
Analog Enthusiast

Return to AMEK & TAC Recording Consoles