HELP !!!!Problem with headphone output!

Graham Langley founded Amek in 1973 with Nick Franks. Since then, AMEK and TAC recording consoles have been the choice of demanding audio professionals for over 25 years.

Moderator: Matt Syson

HELP !!!!Problem with headphone output!

Postby Justin@tinshack » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:51 pm

So recapping nearly complete 4 nights work about 20 hrs all going well just waiting for some bits to come from Colin at audio maintenance Ltd and was doing some tests with audio interface and I got some unusual buzzing and popping in my ear and I think my left headphone was over heating!

As I was quite tired at the time just switched all off and tested the headphones and some damage has occurred have any of you had a similar problem?

I really pissed off as all was sounding great and have 2 Langley mods to fit to CH 1 & 2

Would really appreciate any help before I go any further

Cheers Justin
Justin@tinshack
Analog Enthusiast

Re: HELP !!!!Problem with headphone output!

Postby AnalogStudio7 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:42 pm

Wow!

Maybe you got the molex connector for the headphones shorted to the power rail somehow? Maybe you bridged a solder joint from a capacitor to a power rail trace?

Hey, I saw that GRS has the Langley mod boards at 50% off for cyber monday. Don't know if it's still going on today or not. I bought a bunch of them yesterday for our TAC Scorpion in our rehearsal room that we use for recording too. The mic pres were $23 each & free shipping !!!

www.grssystems.com

Cheers, Greg
AnalogStudio7
Lake Forest, CA 92630
USA
AnalogStudio7
Yacht Rocker

Return to AMEK & TAC Recording Consoles