Tube Consoles

Everything else! Allen & Heath, Altec, Altec Lansing, API, Auditronics, Audix, Binson, CAD, Custom, D&R, DataMix, DDA, Decca, Dynamix, Electrodyne, EMI, Euphonix, Fairchild, Focusrite, GML, Harrison, Helios, Hill, Langevin, MCI, Midas, Neotek, Neumann, Otari, Quad 8, Ramsa, RCA, Sony, Soundtracs, Soundworkshop, Studiomaster, Tascam, TEAC, Vintec, Westec, Wheatstone/Audio Arts, Yamaha, you name it, we'll try to help you out!

Moderator: gabby garcia

Tube Consoles

Postby ruffrecords » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:19 pm

I have designed and built a number of consoles over the years, including a stint in the mid 70s when I was lucky enough to work at Neve. Now I am retired I have returned to my fist love - all tube consoles. I would love to hear from other forum members interested in designing, building, collecting and restoring tube consoles - new and old.

Cheers

Ian
ruffrecords
Analog Enthusiast

Re: Tube Consoles

Postby Bill Wilson » Tue May 11, 2010 6:56 pm

Hi Ian: I found the schematic for the U.A. 610 input module on another forum. Will copy it & send you a copy as an email attachment.

Also decided to get back in the pro audio biz. Have all my sketches from my 6 input tube mike mixer for on location recording. It had no E.Q. but had a key switch for each mike pre assigning it either L., R., or center (equal split between L. & R. Very low distortion, low noise & down 1.5 d.b. 30HZ & -.5db @ 20KHZ. It used UTC A-10 mike transformers.
Bill Wilson
Analog Enthusiast

Re: Tube Consoles

Postby ruffrecords » Thu May 20, 2010 10:05 am

Bill Wilson wrote:Hi Ian: I found the schematic for the U.A. 610 input module on another forum. Will copy it & send you a copy as an email attachment.

Also decided to get back in the pro audio biz. Have all my sketches from my 6 input tube mike mixer for on location recording. It had no E.Q. but had a key switch for each mike pre assigning it either L., R., or center (equal split between L. & R. Very low distortion, low noise & down 1.5 d.b. 30HZ & -.5db @ 20KHZ. It used UTC A-10 mike transformers.

Hi Bill,

Did you ever send the 610 schematic?? It does not seem to have arrived.

I like the L/C/R key switch idea; easy to implement and keeps crosstalk to a minimum. I was thinking of doing L and R toggles so with both on you get centre and with both off you get channel mute. What do you think?

Cheers

Ian
ruffrecords
Analog Enthusiast

Return to Everything Else