ALLEN & HEATH SABER

Everything else! Allen & Heath, Altec, Altec Lansing, API, Auditronics, Audix, Binson, CAD, Custom, D&R, DataMix, DDA, Decca, Dynamix, Electrodyne, EMI, Euphonix, Fairchild, Focusrite, GML, Harrison, Helios, Hill, Langevin, MCI, Midas, Neotek, Neumann, Otari, Quad 8, Ramsa, RCA, Sony, Soundtracs, Soundworkshop, Studiomaster, Tascam, TEAC, Vintec, Westec, Wheatstone/Audio Arts, Yamaha, you name it, we'll try to help you out!

Moderator: gabby garcia

ALLEN & HEATH SABER

Postby superorko » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:55 pm

Hi there, i've recently bought this old 24 16 desk, and i'm wondering if anybody can give me some advices about that or if anyone can tell how to customize the desk. I'm not a technician but i know a lot of electronics and i got a friend that can help me with the toughtest stuff!!

Thanks everybody in advance!

Francesco
superorko
Analog Enthusiast

Re: ALLEN & HEATH SABER

Postby superorko » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:42 pm

so, no one can help???
superorko
Analog Enthusiast

Postby ludo » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:22 am

Hi Superorko

If you do not have it yet, the service manual for your console is at http://www.allen-heath.com/veterans/product.asp?product=Saber%20Mk1_Mk2_PLUS

Is it Mk1 or Mk 2? Have you tested that everything is in good working order? Perhaps indicate what it is that you want to change/customize. Then maybe someone here has good advice.
ludo
Analog Enthusiast

Postby superorko » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:00 pm

Hi Iudo, thanks for replay!
The situation is this: The Mute automation is disabled, because probably it is broken or not working well, but i didn't try to turn that on yet!
The channels and the vu meters are working good, and so the master section.
I found it a little to noisy.
I'm not sure about the version, but i think is the Mk I.
What i want to do, is try to understand how make the PREs sound better and understend if i can mix on it.
My set up know is apogee symphony with 2 Rosetta 800. So i got 16 channels and i'm asking if it coulb be go as a front end for my rig.
I looking for any kind of idea to custumize it, or any advice about that.
Hope someone can help, because i'm running out of time and my studio needs to start as soon as i can!

Thanks again
FRANCESCO
superorko
Analog Enthusiast

Postby Jim Williams » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:53 am

Those are similar to the Soundcraft Delta designs. I've rebuilt a few.
www.audioupgrades.com
Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades
Jim Williams
Yacht Rocker

Postby superorko » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:05 pm

...hi, can u suggest somenthing?
I clean it, and i had change the Inserts point on the master cause they were gone. The mute automation is broken, i changed the battery and make some solders that were gone, but when i plugged it back, all the mutes were on and the processor works but nothing responded to it....Do u know how to reset it or how to change it? Is there any Mod i can do on the Pre to make them sound better (but i have to say, that i don't dislike them...)?? ANy other advice??

Thanks a milion!
F
superorko
Analog Enthusiast

Postby superorko » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:05 am

Anyone can help?

Thanks
superorko
Analog Enthusiast

Return to Everything Else