D&R4000 Mkii Meter Boards

Everything else! Allen & Heath, Altec, Altec Lansing, API, Auditronics, Audix, Binson, CAD, Custom, D&R, DataMix, DDA, Decca, Dynamix, Electrodyne, EMI, Euphonix, Fairchild, Focusrite, GML, Harrison, Helios, Hill, Langevin, MCI, Midas, Neotek, Neumann, Otari, Quad 8, Ramsa, RCA, Sony, Soundtracs, Soundworkshop, Studiomaster, Tascam, TEAC, Vintec, Westec, Wheatstone/Audio Arts, Yamaha, you name it, we'll try to help you out!

Moderator: gabby garcia

D&R4000 Mkii Meter Boards

Postby siegfriedmeier » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:38 pm

Hey guys,

So I've found 2 resistors (same ones on both boards) that seemed to be burnt out on the meter boards. The dumb shit before me replaced all the meter chips, and I have a feeling he didn't use proper replacements. He gave them to me as well, so I've fixed those 2 resistors and put back all the original chips. Now, I'm really confused as to how these meter boards get put back into place - or whether they were even connected properly before...

Can anyone tell me or point me in the right direction as to the pinout or how I put this back together again properly?

http://www.siegfriedmeier.com/electroni ... Boards.JPG

Thanks!
Sig
siegfriedmeier
Krafty Luddite

Re: D&R4000 Mkii Meter Boards

Postby siegfriedmeier » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:14 am

Seems as though fixing those resistors and the chips has returned the left hand side meters. But not the right...I put back the pins as they appeared to me, so it's possible that one or 2 are incorrect?

...the journey continues.
siegfriedmeier
Krafty Luddite

Re: D&R4000 Mkii Meter Boards

Postby siegfriedmeier » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:55 am

Figured it out!! The black dots are an indication of exactly where the pins should go, which ones go all the way through and which ones don't. Very cool!

Only thing I see now is that the right side meter has a faint glow on one of the LED's halfway up when there's no audio pumping through the master section. Only a minor annoyance, can't really seem to figure out why that is?
siegfriedmeier
Krafty Luddite

Return to Everything Else