CAD Maxcon II

Everything else! Allen & Heath, Altec, Altec Lansing, API, Auditronics, Audix, Binson, CAD, Custom, D&R, DataMix, DDA, Decca, Dynamix, Electrodyne, EMI, Euphonix, Fairchild, Focusrite, GML, Harrison, Helios, Hill, Langevin, MCI, Midas, Neotek, Neumann, Otari, Quad 8, Ramsa, RCA, Sony, Soundtracs, Soundworkshop, Studiomaster, Tascam, TEAC, Vintec, Westec, Wheatstone/Audio Arts, Yamaha, you name it, we'll try to help you out!

Moderator: gabby garcia

CAD Maxcon II

Postby vineyardgray » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:04 pm

I've purchased one of these. Despite these boards having less than stellar reviews on various sites, I'm hoping that most of the issues will be maintenance (scratchy pots comes up often). I'm looking forward to the minimal phase shift and low crosstalk. I can clean pots.

With regards to the pots and switches, I'm going to reflow the solder at the pcb first and then dig into a cleaning regimen. It looks like the pots are kinda sealed so I need suggestions on what to clean them with. I was going to go with isopropyl, but am worried about that the contact traces may be damaged by it. I'm also considering hitting them with Stabilant 22, which is advertised as a contact improver and lubricant. Not sure if that's the way to go.

I'm also guessing that since the Maxcon is DC coupled (i.e., no caps between stages) that the DC on the pots might be causing the scratchiness. Would adjusting the servos rectify if cleaning does not? If so, anyone know how?

Regards,

MR
vineyardgray
Analog Owner

Return to Everything Else