Mitsubishi Westar

Everything else! Allen & Heath, Altec, Altec Lansing, API, Auditronics, Audix, Binson, CAD, Custom, D&R, DataMix, DDA, Decca, Dynamix, Electrodyne, EMI, Euphonix, Fairchild, Focusrite, GML, Harrison, Helios, Hill, Langevin, MCI, Midas, Neotek, Neumann, Otari, Quad 8, Ramsa, RCA, Sony, Soundtracs, Soundworkshop, Studiomaster, Tascam, TEAC, Vintec, Westec, Wheatstone/Audio Arts, Yamaha, you name it, we'll try to help you out!

Moderator: gabby garcia

Mitsubishi Westar

Postby siegfriedmeier » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:44 pm

Hey guys,

I acquired two Westar consoles from about 1987 - a 24 channel frame and a 32 channel frame. I know the PSU's are really on their last legs, and the automation PSU is required to stay on in order to make the buss outputs work, but I'm wondering what the best thing to do with these consoles is...

Is there a replacement PSU available? Is there anything that I can modify? Is the console worth using as a frame for a custom DIY console...?

Just thinking about what to do with these...

Thanks for any advice!
Sig
siegfriedmeier
Krafty Luddite

Re: Mitsubishi Westar

Postby rmorris » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:53 am

Not familiar with these but do you have the specification for the PSU ?
rmorris
Analog Owner

Re: Mitsubishi Westar

Postby siegfriedmeier » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:13 pm

I don't, as of yet. This was the company that bought out Quad Eight and rebranded it as this - no more discrete circuits, and all chip based consoles. They're pretty good sounding, I did a lot of records on these desks.

I should have the manuals later this week, but they were just +-18v desks, although I never quite understood the extra automation computer/psu required for the buss outs. It was the Arms 2/Diskmix system on this thing.
siegfriedmeier
Krafty Luddite

Return to Everything Else