help with aries artemus

Everything else! Allen & Heath, Altec, Altec Lansing, API, Auditronics, Audix, Binson, CAD, Custom, D&R, DataMix, DDA, Decca, Dynamix, Electrodyne, EMI, Euphonix, Fairchild, Focusrite, GML, Harrison, Helios, Hill, Langevin, MCI, Midas, Neotek, Neumann, Otari, Quad 8, Ramsa, RCA, Sony, Soundtracs, Soundworkshop, Studiomaster, Tascam, TEAC, Vintec, Westec, Wheatstone/Audio Arts, Yamaha, you name it, we'll try to help you out!

Moderator: gabby garcia

help with aries artemus

Postby last analog holdout » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:27 am

well there is no schematic for this console for certain anywhere on earth im sure some are familiar with aries they made a 24 8 16 which is extinct as well i ran into one of there flagship boards dubbed the artemus ,boy try doing a search on that youll learn about mythology after cleaning the pots with d5 i spotted a couple of large 1 watt carbon film resistors that looked sorta squashed down to the board itself ,ive seen a few master channels that had two bigger resistors on them ,its not hard to spot because everything else is quarter watt .so i pulled em up a bit to position them better and in doing so they shorted and smoked ,should have let them be they were down for a reason ,anyhow im hoping someone can shed some light on what the values might have been there is one green stripe at the top is it 50 ohms 500 ohms 500 k 5 meg i havent a clue maybe someone has seen this sort of thing on other mixers they look wired in parralell mix resistors or something any advice at all would save this from being a 300 pound paper weight is greatly welcome .here is a pic they are the only one watt resistors on the entire module thanks for reading im up for any wild guess im betting jim williams or brian roth might shed some light on this self inflicted stupidity i should have never touched them thanks terry kilgore
Attachments
phpzfxs3LAM.jpg
i will try to shrink some more images that may be easier to see
last analog holdout
Analog Enthusiast

Return to Everything Else