Introduce yourself!

Yeah, you heard that. An area for the free and open exchange of ideas. Or else. Let the banning begin.

Moderators: gabby garcia, crunch

Postby Conny Johansson » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:33 am

Hi!

My name is Conny Johansson. I'm from sweden and I'm interested in all things that makes sounds, especially synthesizers.

Regards!

Here's a picture of my Studer 962!
Conny Johansson
Analog Owner

Postby Tim Halligan » Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:37 am

Hmm...I see quite a few familiar faces - well, you know what I mean :D

Tim Halligan reporting for...whatever.

Post-engineer by day.
Comatose by night.

Strong liking for Amek consoles.

Will try not to piss-off the other posters with "lesser" consoles. :lol:

Cheers,
Tim
An analogue brain in a digital world...
Tim Halligan
Analog Enthusiast

Postby abarroso » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:27 pm

Hello
I'm Tony. I'm currently building a little home studio with a friend. I'm very new at all this, but I look forward to learning as much as I can.
abarroso
Analog Owner

Hello

Postby SFXPost » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:10 pm

Hello,
I'm Helena, owner and chief engineer here at Creative Sound Studios, LLC. And yes, it's all women here at the studio....but please don't hold that against us. Been in the business for 30 years.......my children are't even that old. Well, come to think of it, the studio has sort of been like one more child to me. Always looking to learn from and meet other folks in the recording business.

Helena E Schwoyer

http://www.creativesoundstudios.com
SFXPost
Analog Enthusiast

Postby momix » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:23 pm

Hi Conny
I saw your studer 962...........do you know how to get hold of a manual?

best regards

momix
momix
Analog Owner

Hi

Postby greenbriar » Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:25 am

My name is Mike and I live in the Detroit, MI area. I'm 26 and I do avant-garde/avant-pop ambient stuff ("weird European s**t") in the vein of Steve Reich or Christian Fennesz. I mostly record myself, but sometimes do free mix work and/or recording for younger guys in the community ('cause I wish someone would have done it for me!). I've always had a lot of outboard in my guitar rig and eventually just started using it for recording.

I've owned a lot of smaller, less expensive/esthoteric consoles (Tascam, Allen and Heath, Soundcraft, etc.) and love them to death. It's always hard to get information. I probably won't have much to contribute but I go through so many different mixers just to see what they're about, I thought I'd give this a shot. I'll lurk a lot and ask questions here and there.

I''m shopping right now for smaller format higher-end consoles (anything from Amek to Midas to old Neve/Studer/etc. broadcast stuff). I sometimes go to commerical facilities to utilize nicer preamps/outboard/microphones/etc., but would really prefer to do more at home.

(Thanks!)
greenbriar
Analog Owner

Postby GJC Designs » Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:26 am

Hi, I'm Gareth.

Although I moderate the relatively quiet Calrec Consoles part of the forum, my involvements in pro-audio include technical work on other consoles such as Neve and Soundcraft. From early teens, audio electronics, mixers and studios have been the driving force in my life.
When I'm not occupied with being mixer-fixer, I do freelance PCB design. Time permitting, I like to do experimental design of analogue circuitry, with dynamics and EQ being the favourite interests.

Here are a some photos of consoles that have been worked on at my premises. (The 420 pixel limit does not do them justice, but, hey, photos can be posted!).

Top photo:
Neve VR60 undergoing customisation. 60 channel, 48 group with surround monitoring. Work was carried out in association with ScotchMcNeil Audio (Neve forum moderator).

Mid photo:
Neve 51 undergoing refurbishment and customisation. Nice little desk, 24 channels with 8 sub-groups.

Bottom photo:
Calrec M-Series undergoing refurbishment. 36 mono + 12 stereo channels, 8 stereo sub-groups.
Gareth
GJC Designs
Yacht Rocker

Postby jensenmann » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:10 am

Hi there
My name is Jens and I´m based in the south of Germany. My dayjob is being teacher in a school for livesound, light an stageing technique where our students get their first skills in the fields of R´n´R, theater, exhibition,...
Before I entered this job I´ve worked as freelance sound engineer and bassplayer, traveling through half the world in lousy nightliners and trucks. Since I´m very interested in solderingfumes I started some years ago with DIY audio and meanwhile built a whole armada of outboardgear, mostly using classic schematics as a basis. My next - and probably biggest - project will be to restore my new (???) Amek 2500 which I bought this week.
I´m pretty sure we will meet from time to time in the Amek department here where I´ll be asking stupid questions to solve problems which I don´t even understand.

cheers
Jens
Jens
jensenmann
Yacht Rocker

Postby subvertrecordings » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:18 pm

Hello all,

I ran into this post a little late I suppose...My name is Steve, and I am another working class guy that has been seduced by good old analog sound equipment. Working. Going to college. Spending too much homework time on my equipment. Trying to self educate in the world of electronics...coming along slowly but surely...can't really say anything about myself. Instead, a notice to all: I like to ask MANY questions! Hopefully you all won't get too annoyed :D Anyways, I try to help when I can/try and return the favors. Thanks for a great forum AND I KNOW MORE OF YOU MEMBERS OWN TAPE MACHINES!!! DON'T BE SHY, STOP BY THE TAPE MACHINES FORUM...no one bites there. THANKS!!!

--Steve

P.S.--I am also a drum head....but don't worry, I can keep time, can hear well, and don't like soloing over everything that moves....I'm not so bad :P
subvertrecordings
Yacht Rocker

Re: Introduce yourself!

Postby Mikaël-ange » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:04 pm

Hi
My name is Mikaël-ange. I'm on younger side of analogue world (only 23). I'm curently run an ITB setup but I plan to run hybrid soon... And of course with a beautifull console :mrgreen:
Mikaël-ange
Analog Owner

PreviousNext

Return to Jibber Jabberin'