Calrec Q schematics in PDF/GIF?

With a comprehensive range of mixing consoles, Calrec has been a manufacturer of high quality audio products since 1964.

Moderators: GJC Designs, Richard Lumb

Calrec Q schematics in PDF/GIF?

Postby kidbassmusic » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:38 pm

Hey guys I just recently bought a couple of Calrec Q mono EQ's (QF2924) so recently in fact I have not yet got my hands on it they are on the way. I was wandering if the Schematics for this module are available? I'm planning to rack the modules and use them as stand alone EQs does anybody have experience with this? I'm not shy of DIY however i'm not really experienced with theory & circuit design, would need pointing in the right direction. any help and further info about the Q seires would be greatly appreciated
Cheers
kidbassmusic
Analog Owner

Re: Calrec Q schematics in PDF/GIF?

Postby stevland » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:26 pm

Hi,
I have QF2925 stereo EQ drawings you can have, if you send me your email address.
I also know someone who can rack these for you.
Steve
stevland
Analog Enthusiast

Postby plupo » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:51 am

Hi I'm greatly interested in this topic: i've just brought back to life a Q desk from BBC continuity studios (CON4) but i've missed to buy the schematics that were togeter the twin studio in the next room (CON 6) .
Those desks were custom built, but some modules are in common: any help welcome , even if is working now
plupo
Analog Enthusiast

Postby GJC Designs » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:57 pm

Q-series is young enough for Calrec to still have the scematics relating to specific consoles. They are the best source for the information that you need.
Gareth
GJC Designs
Yacht Rocker

Postby plupo » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:26 pm

GJC Designs wrote:Q-series is young enough for Calrec to still have the scematics relating to specific consoles. They are the best source for the information that you need.

Thank GJC.
You're correct, and they were very kind in replying me, but the serial number was missed because, instead of the usual place on the alu side panels, it was probably put on the iron legs i've left in Bush House London. (The unit was not passing through the door....)
This desk is working now, no matter the bad luck ( another guy refused to sell me the entire documentation of the twin desk , and , as long as i know, he dismantled it completely to sell the EQs !) but i'm missing some functions in the very nice monitor control panel.
Anyway: great stuff, i've learned a lot out of those circuit , even if i'm involved in analog since 1984..
plupo
Analog Enthusiast

Postby allarts » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:07 pm

GJC Designs wrote:Q-series is young enough for Calrec to still have the scematics relating to specific consoles. They are the best source for the information that you need.

Hi,
I have been searching for schematics for my Q-series modules without any luck at all. I contacted Calrec directly, talked to Stephen Brant, Senior Customer Support Engineer, here's a quote from his letter:

"We do still have the circuit diagrams and schematics for the Q Series, but there are restrictions on the drawing I can provide, as Calrec policy. I can only provide drawings that do not include designs of audio processing circuits. Unfortunately, all the drawings you requested include audio processing:-
PY2941 – mic amp
QF2925 – equaliser and filtering
XL2942 – mix amp

So most of the circuits I am permitted to provide relating to metering and monitoring."

Seems like a Catch 22-moment, they have the schematics, they won't service the modules any more, I can't get the schematics, so I can't service the desk properly.....

I anybody can help me or point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it!
All Arts Recording AB
www.shortlist.se/allarts
allarts
Analog Enthusiast

Postby GJC Designs » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:21 pm

Mmmmm..... yes........ interesting.

In consideration of the point that Calrec won't service the modules anymore, if you re-contact Stephen at Calrec and ask who possibly could service the modules, there is a possibility that he may suggest someone...... no guarantees, but it could be worth asking.

From the standpoints of commercial protection and intellectual property, I quite understand the Company's reluctance to supply circuits. One only needs to take a look at some of the DIY forums to see the avaricious interest that there is in sharing/copying/cloning/ripping-off/re-packaging the products of successful manufacturers.
Gareth
GJC Designs
Yacht Rocker

Postby allarts » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:07 am

Thanks for the response Gareth, it's worth a try. I'll ask him.

Thanks!
Alar
All Arts Recording AB
www.shortlist.se/allarts
allarts
Analog Enthusiast

Postby BoomerangSounds » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:50 am

by stevland » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:26 pm
Hi,
I have QF2925 stereo EQ drawings you can have, if you send me your email address.
I also know someone who can rack these for you.
Steve

I would really appreciate any schematics or service info you have on the QF2925 module. (I will PM my email address to you).

Also do you or anyone else have schematics or service info for the DF2935 module.

Martin
BoomerangSounds
Analog Owner

Postby BoomerangSounds » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:45 am

Steve, thanks ever so much for the QF2925 info and the blindingly fast response.

Does anybody else have schematics or service info for the DF2935 module?

Martin
BoomerangSounds
Analog Owner

Next

Return to Calrec Recording Consoles