Calrec Assignable VCS Console ( I think)

With a comprehensive range of mixing consoles, Calrec has been a manufacturer of high quality audio products since 1964.

Moderators: GJC Designs, Richard Lumb

Calrec Assignable VCS Console ( I think)

Postby Karius » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:29 pm

Hello all.
This thing has been lying in a dark corner of my studio a couple of years now, and I recently had the time to check it out. According to the owner, this was given to him by a friend who used it in his high end studio until it broke.

I have been able to bring this one back to life, but I can not figure out how to use it. It seems to be missing some external modules I guess. Maybe this is just the controller of the missing modules?? The owner claim he used some of the modules in the rack 10-15 years ago, but cant quite remember.

Is there anyone here who can tell me about this one? What can I use it for? Is it possible to use it as it is as an effect?

Best Regards.
-Karius
Attachments
Calrec.jpg
Karius
Analog Owner

Re: Calrec Assignable VCS Console ( I think)

Postby Karius » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:03 pm

If the attached picture link dont work, try this one : https://www.dropbox.com/s/5yxrl3dw68brpje/Fil%2024.11.15%2C%2022.45.15.jpeg?dl=0
Karius
Analog Owner

Re: Calrec Assignable VCS Console ( I think)

Postby GJC Designs » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:08 am

The unit you have is part of the VCS system.

It is a TEST UNIT only. As it stands it will not pass audio.

It is NOT part of the VCS console's everyday functionality; its purpose is to enable VCS rack cards to be tested and to enable VCS console panels (such as the expander, compressor, equaliser, that are in the unit) to be tested. These test units were supplied with VCS consoles so that console owners (broadcast companies) could carry-out maintenance and repairs to console cards & panels without having to involve Calrec.

Nowadays, my guess is that its only purpose in life would be for experimentation by an enthusiastic DIY person.

If it helps, I have several VCS rack cards that I could sell.
Gareth
GJC Designs
Yacht Rocker

Return to Calrec Recording Consoles