M SERIES. A NEW INSTALLATION.

With a comprehensive range of mixing consoles, Calrec has been a manufacturer of high quality audio products since 1964.

Moderators: GJC Designs, Richard Lumb

Re: M SERIES. A NEW INSTALLATION.

Postby Dr Benway » Tue May 04, 2010 5:27 pm

Hi Matt.. Thanks for getting back to me.. Regarding the monitor control panel, or lack there of. There's a couple of rough pics of the centre section and the left hand side 'producers' section.. Sorry for the quality on the producers side.. Are these where I'm to find the monitor panel?? This isn't a big problem at this stage as I've got a monitor controller but I'd like to at least hear what the desk sounds like rather than having to go through another active box.. I'd also like to add that the console is in daily use too.. All of the issues I've mentioned have been fine to work around and the desk's functioning perfectly well just as is.. Like I said.. If there's a better was to do it I'd like to try it..
Thanks again.
Attachments
Calrec M Left side re size.jpg
Calrec M Left side re size.jpg (59.42 KiB) Viewed 3614 times
Calrec M centre section re size.jpg
Calrec M centre section re size.jpg (100.38 KiB) Viewed 3615 times
Dr Benway
Analog Enthusiast

Postby Matt Syson » Fri May 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Hi
Somewhere there will be a panel with some pots on it for monitor levels. The second of your pics is the monitor selector with perhaps rather too many sources for current use, but the parts are there!
If you have the block diagram you could perhaps photo it?
Matt S
Matt Syson
Engineer

Postby Dr Benway » Tue May 18, 2010 5:22 pm

I think the panel with the pots for monitoring are on one of the PPM's. All good in regard at this stage though..
Well as promised the are some pics attached of the desk in various stages of it's life. One of it in service at the BBC (i'd love to have that verified though??) Some others of it stripped down in my garage awaiting installation and finally a couple of pics of it where it lives now.. Sorry for the photo with me in it.. I had some photos taken last Monday for my web site and this is really the only close up shot we got of the desk.
I think the phase we're up to now is the 'life time maintenance' phase.. Something I'm sure you can all empathize with if you own one of these!!
Attachments
Calrec wide.jpg
Calrec wide.jpg (422.51 KiB) Viewed 3577 times
Calrec up close.jpg
Calrec up close.jpg (567.45 KiB) Viewed 3577 times
Calrec modules.jpg
Calrec modules.jpg (69.49 KiB) Viewed 3577 times
Calrec Empty.jpg
Calrec Empty.jpg (67.44 KiB) Viewed 3577 times
Calrec BBC.jpg
Calrec BBC.jpg (62.87 KiB) Viewed 3576 times
Dr Benway
Analog Enthusiast

Postby Matt Syson » Wed May 19, 2010 4:09 am

Hi
It certainly looks familiar to me. I think the faders were 'free issued' by the BBC to Calrec as often happenned with the PPM meters and drive cards.
If some of the drawings have 'PMS' scrawled on the signature boxes it would suggest I had something to do with it although that would only be the case if I was part involved with checking the drawing, not necessarily who tested the desk.
Matt S
Matt Syson
Engineer

Previous

Return to Calrec Recording Consoles