Soundcraft 6000 pcb versions?balanced bussing?help

Founded in 1973, Soundcraft first made its mark with the launch of the Series 1, the first mixing console in a flightcase.

Moderator: GJC Designs

Soundcraft 6000 pcb versions?balanced bussing?help

Postby riverside » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:15 pm

Hello all Looking to buy a soundcraft 6000 and want to be sure i get the later version with balanced bussing ect. Please forgive my tech ignorance,I looked at some pics online and see some differences in the modules at the recordinconsoles.net trying to learn more about these consoles... I printed off the 6k user guide but limited info about this... Do i need to pull all the modules and look for the specific pcb#s design ect or does this relate just the master module?Does anyone here have any tech info or pcb numbers or have advice on wher to get this info... I'm Looking at a nice one in just a few days ... and i need help/guidance. any help really appreciated! I Have called soundcraft, but no reply yet, thanks
riverside
Analog Owner

Re: Soundcraft 6000 pcb versions?balanced bussing?help

Postby Jim Williams » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:23 am

This was bothering me yesterday after your call so I looked it up. The older version with single ended bussing master strip right side pcb #ED2722. The newer balanced buss version is #ED2771/A. Look for the identifier in the edge of the pcb on the trace side.
Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades
Jim Williams
Yacht Rocker

Postby riverside » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:06 pm

Thanks Jim!!! Have not seen it yet but the seller finds the number SC 2771-A/P2? on the master so looks like I might be ok.
riverside
Analog Owner

Postby s9dd » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:57 am

Just a few years late to the party...
But I am looking at a PCB no of S6000 RH Master PCB 2771B/1 - what kind of loom is this?
David Day
David Day Ltd.
Fareham, UK
s9dd
Analog Enthusiast

Return to Soundcraft Recording Consoles