Spare parts for an DC 2000 ?

Founded in 1973, Soundcraft first made its mark with the launch of the Series 1, the first mixing console in a flightcase.

Moderator: GJC Designs

Spare parts for an DC 2000 ?

Postby PaBo » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:17 am

I got a Problem with my DC2000. After an relocation I switch it on and smoke came out the console !!! Shit ! bOth platines are black ! SO now Im searching for anybody who knows where I can geth spare parts for the DC2000

Paddy
PaBo
Analog Owner

Postby Matt Syson » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:25 pm

Hi
If you have only burned components, then it should not be too difficult to sort out. If a circuit board is burned badly then you may have to attempt to get one from Soundcraft direct...
More information on what you have actually killed is needed fot anyone to really help you.
Matt S
Matt Syson
Engineer

Postby PaBo » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:57 pm

Dear Matt,

thanx for the post. The whole platine is on the ass not only some compenents and Soundcraft told me that they no spare parts for the DC2000. Thats the reason why Im searchin this way ;-)

Do you have any idea where I can get spare parts for the DC ?

still searching

Paddy
:roll:
PaBo
Analog Owner

Postby Matt Syson » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:15 am

Hi
I can only suggest calling all the Soundcraft dealers in the chance they have a spare card if that is really what is needed. Otherwise a good engineer should be able to repair whatever you have using more generally available parts with the exception being maybe a couple of Soundcraft specific chips ( I don't know what is on the particular cards).
Try emailing me direct with a couple of digital photos of the 'burned' boards as I may be able to help. Do you have a manual for the desk which includes all the schematics?
Matt S
Matt Syson
Engineer

Re: Spare parts for an DC 2000 ?

Postby ACUruguay » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:32 am

Hi! I have spare parts from every corner of this console, please ask me any questions, I also have it's service manual as well as software and HDD adapted to SD card my mail is acuruguay@yahoo.com.au
ACUruguay
Analog Owner

Return to Soundcraft Recording Consoles