Soundcraft 600 producer model mute-problem

Founded in 1973, Soundcraft first made its mark with the launch of the Series 1, the first mixing console in a flightcase.

Moderator: GJC Designs

Soundcraft 600 producer model mute-problem

Postby Vutkula » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:29 am

Greetings everyone!

I just bought a Soundcraft 600 console. It is a producer model with a patch bay.

I’ve cleaned the board up, but there is a problem with PFL that I could not resolve.

The console seems to be "stucked" in mute-mode. In master-module, the solo light is on all the time but the PFL’s are not pushed on in any channel or group. Sometimes, when pushing the PFL’s on and off randomly the mute disappears but after couple of seconds it comes back. Im pretty sure that there is no contact problems in the knobs etc. because I cleaned with extra attention...

Does anyone have experiences about these kind of problems with the old Soundcraft consoles?

I’ve been reading different forums hoping to find a solution for this problem… according the information from the forums, I have a guess that the problem could be located in the IC’s? Does it make any sense?

Ps. Does anybody know where to find the schematics for the Soundcraft 600?Gladly in PDF-format. It seems that in the manufacturer’s website it is no longer available.

Best wishes,

Mikko
Vutkula
Analog Owner

Re: Soundcraft 600 producer model mute-problem

Postby GJC Designs » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:48 pm

Gareth
GJC Designs
Yacht Rocker

Re: Soundcraft 600 producer model mute-problem

Postby Vutkula » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:29 am

Thank you Gareth!