Soundcraft Sapphyre 44

Founded in 1973, Soundcraft first made its mark with the launch of the Series 1, the first mixing console in a flightcase.

Moderator: GJC Designs

Soundcraft Sapphyre 44

Postby soundaffects » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:52 am

Hello,

I have a Sapphyre console 44 channel (100 inputs 44 channels, 44 monitors, 6 stereo) in my production suite - it was delivered directly there from the factory in 1992 and has been there ever since. I'm not really using it to full capacity so maybe it's time to find it a new home!

As it's only had very light use in a smoke free room - its probably as close to "as new" as you can get and all works - it's been professionally maintained throughout it's life by the engineer who helped instal Real World studios and will be serviced again next week.

No patch bay - stuff plugs in at the rear of the console, has the original operating instructions and full factory service manual.

It is a lovely desk to use - I used (in a previous life) to have a studio with both a Harrison Series 10 and an SSL 6000 and before that a Raindirk - remember them ? - in my view the Sapphyre has acquitted itself extremely well in some high profile projects.

If anyone is interested I can provide more info.....
soundaffects
Analog Owner

Re: Soundcraft Sapphyre 44

Postby Jim Williams » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:00 am

FWIW, I've seen those sell for $1200. You may want to keep it considering the losses you will take selling it.
Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades
Jim Williams
Yacht Rocker

Postby soundaffects » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:17 pm

I'd rather think about the gains I've had owning it. 23 years and it never let me down - still sounds as good today as the day it was delivered - and over that time i must have gone through... how many computers and drives ? which are all pretty worthless now on resale!
soundaffects
Analog Owner

Postby Jim Williams » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:13 am

Here's a trick for you. That mid EQ is asymetrical, wide bandwidth on boost, narrow on cut. There are a pair of 2.2 meg carbon film resistors that cause that on the EQ pcb. They are easy to spot as all the rest are blue metal film resistors. Snip those 2.2 meg resistors out and the EQ mid cut is the same as the boost, more musical and useful.
Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades
Jim Williams
Yacht Rocker

Postby safetygoggles » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:53 pm

Hey, do you still have the desk?

I would love to get it a good home. Sounds like you'v given it a good life thus far.

feel free to put up any more information either here or message me.
safetygoggles
Analog Owner

Postby soundaffects » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:24 pm

Hi,

Still have the console, here are a couple of pics!
Attachments
S44 side.jpg
S44 Front.jpg
soundaffects
Analog Owner

Postby sinsay » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:53 pm

Hello,
Still available?
If so, where is the console located?

S
sinsay
Analog Owner

Postby soundaffects » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:25 pm

Console is still available (just! as there is a lot of interest) I'ts in the UK just outside London.

Offer over £2,000 would secure.
soundaffects
Analog Owner

Return to Soundcraft Recording Consoles