Neve 510x desks

Neve’s founding father was Rupert Neve, who formed Neve in 1961. Since then, things have gotten, shall we say, interesting..

Moderator: ScotchMcNeilAudio

Neve 510x desks

Postby brianroth » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:59 am

I've been "scratching around" for any info I can collect for a client's 5104 desk, which arrived with NO docs for the various modules/sub-modules.

I have accumulated a few pages of schemos, but still have a number of "blanks" in the docs.

Help! <g>

Bri
http://www.BrianRoth.com
Professional audio system design/service/custom equipment
brianroth
Yacht Rocker

Postby ScotchMcNeilAudio » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:21 pm

Hi Brian,

First thoughts are Dan Alexander Audio who may have manuals/schematics that may be available for copying.
Not sure if a guy called Dave Clark in LA would have something like that or even Audio Engineering Services in Connecticut.
Funky Junk in the UK might be able to help you but as always, copying large drawings is a bit of a nightmare!

Try one of the above or all of them. Most of the drawings I have are at least A1 size which makes it difficult to have copied for you in the area I live in.

Keep me updated and if necessary drop a post to let me know of your success/unsuccessful quest.

Kind regards,

McNeil
Scotch McNeil Audio -
European-wide Neve installation, service and parts support.

Ever Valued, Ever Near, Scotch McNeil Audio.
www.scotchmcneilaudio.com
ScotchMcNeilAudio
Analog Enthusiast

Postby brianroth » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:48 am

Belated reply...Dan Alexander has *some* but far from all of the schematics, especially all of the individual "sub boards" that make up an entire module.

I've been digging and now have some digital photographs of some of the larger schematics, but am still missing a lot.

Here in the USA, copy shops such as Kinko's have giant copiers which can handle the large "blueprint" paper; this is a common thing required by architects and engineers working with the large paperwork used in commercial building/public-works type of projects.

I am aware of a "stash" of these schematics in the files of a studio in Kansas (the USA state loacted North of me), but it's at least a 10 hour round-trip just to get there and back! Unfortunately, the owner is FAR from being technically inclined, so I would have to personally dig through the many pages to find the ones we are missing.

My hope was to find a 51xx desk owner who did have those prints, and also had a local Kinko's copy shop. I can supply the circuit board numbers if anyone has access to the original printouts.

Thanks!

Bri
brianroth
Yacht Rocker

Re: Neve 510x desks

Postby jeffreybruton » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:18 pm

Brian:
My good friend Bill Yates in Sequim, WA has a 5116 that we have all the docs for. Some he has in .PDF form already.
Let me know if these will help you with the 5104 and we can start by getting you the .PDF versions.
Thanks
Jeffrey Bruton
jeffreybruton
Analog Owner

Re: Neve 510x desks

Postby brianroth » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:27 am

In the years that passed since my original posts, I managed to collect the required schemos. In fact, that 5104 has been sold and I no longer have any dealings with it.

But, thanks for the kind offer!

Bri
http://www.BrianRoth.com
Professional audio system design/service/custom equipment
brianroth
Yacht Rocker

Return to Neve Recording Consoles