Trident 80 PSU Harting Connector Wiring

Twenty five years have passed since Trident Recording Studios made the decision to build their own Multitrack Recording Console.

Moderator: brianroth

Trident 80 PSU Harting Connector Wiring

Postby AnalogStudio7 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:42 pm

Hello all.

I have a Trident 80 power supply here with a badly cracked and crumbling Harting Type connector as its output connector to the console.

The internal PSU wires have all come out of this connector's back side because of its cracked and badly deteriorated condition.

Does anyone have a copy of the wiring for the Harting Connector as used on this PSU?

I have all of the factory schematics and pin-out diagrams for the rectangular Painton.Plessy connectors and for the factory round connectors...but I cannot find anything for the Harting type connector wiring!

I'll post a picture of the Harting connector in the Photos area here so you can see what this connector looks like.

Any info, schematics with wiring pin-outs is much appreciated! I will be glad to pay for you efforts and copies by email, PDF, etc.

Thanks much!

Cheers!
AnalogStudio7
Lake Forest, CA 92630
USA
AnalogStudio7
Yacht Rocker

Re: Trident 80 PSU Harting Connector Wiring

Postby Jim Williams » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:47 am

You can use a DVM to indentify each leg. Then find another connector and wire that up.
Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades
Jim Williams
Yacht Rocker

Postby AnalogStudio7 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:20 pm

Thanks Jim.

I've already identified each wire and the voltages appearing on each one. But knowing wich wire to connect to the 10 pin Harting connector is the problem.

We have neither the PSU DC cable nor the console here to know the proper connector wiring.

Trying to get this PSU fixed up for resale. It's a very nice Trident 80 power supply that was a backup unit that was never used. The console and the main PSU got sold, but we forgot about this backup PSU that we just came accross cleaning out the storage room. Just the output connector was damaged on this PSU at one time or another!

But thanks for the input Jim!

Cheers,

Greg
AnalogStudio7
Lake Forest, CA 92630
USA
AnalogStudio7
Yacht Rocker

Postby AnalogStudio7 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:20 pm

Thanks Jim.

I've already identified each wire and the voltages appearing on each one. But knowing which wire to connect to the 10 pin Harting connector is the problem.

We have neither the PSU DC cable nor the console here to know the proper connector wiring.

Trying to get this PSU fixed up for resale. It's a very nice Trident 80 power supply that was a backup unit that was never used. The console and the main PSU got sold, but we forgot about this backup PSU that we just came accross cleaning out the storage room. Just the output connector was damaged on this PSU at one time or another!

But thanks for the input Jim!

Cheers,

Greg
AnalogStudio7
Lake Forest, CA 92630
USA
AnalogStudio7
Yacht Rocker

Return to Trident Recording Consoles